At Harbor Coin we specialize in coins & currency from all over the world. We offer a vast knowledge of all things coin related and will assist you in valuing your collectibles.
Coin & Currency Services:
- Appraisal in House: single coins and quick appraisals are free regardless of whether you sell the item. If you are looking for a detailed insurance appraisal for insurance or for an estate we do charge $50 an hour.
- Appraisal on site: We will come to a location of your choice(Home, Bank, etc) and appraise your collection. The appraisal free for this is $200 and is waived if the collection is sold. We do not bring cash, you must be willing to accept a check for your collection or be willing to travel to our store for a cash payment.
- Buying: We will buy your coins after appraising them. If you previously had a collection appraised and are now ready to sell, we will refund the appraisal fee.
- Grading: We will evaluate the coin you wish to grade, give free advice about what grade we think it will come back and if it is worthy of paying the grading fee. If you choose to send your coin to grading, we will submit the coin (or currency) for you under our account. This process is not quick with a turnaround time averaging approx 2 months. Grading fees vary on coin type, ask Brian for more information.
- Buying/Selling: We are always buying and selling, we never stop based on market position. We stock Gold & Silver always but also carry Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium periodically. Premiums can fluctuate but have stayed consistent through most of our time in the business.
- Ordering: If you are looking to make a large purchase of Bullion(example…5+ ozt of gold) of any type and we do not have it in stock, we will order it for you. It is typically in our store within 48 hours. This requires a cash deposit prior to us ordering the product.
- Buying: We buy all jewelry, broken or brand new, made of precious metal. Gold/Silver/Platinum. We will test the item, weigh it and then make you an offer to buy it.
- Diamonds: We will buy your diamonds 1 ct or large with or without cert. 1/2 to .99 carat must have a cert to get an offer. We do have a diamond tester to verify the diamond is real.
- Gem Stones: We will only pay for gem stones that have a certification with them.
- Buying: We will buy any item that is made of sterling. 99.9% of items made of sterling are marked either with the word “sterling” or the numbers “925” We test the item, weigh it and make you an offer to buy it.
- Appraisal: We will appraise any stamp collection regardless of size. This process takes quite a bit of time and therefore we ask that you drop off the collection and allow at least 24 hours for the appraisal. Appraisal free is $50 per hour if you choose not to sell your collection and caps off at $200(some collections take far more than 4 hours to appraise) If you choose to sell your collection this fee is dismissed.
- Buying: We do buy stamp collections. Stamp collecting as a hobby has significantly reduced over the years and stamp values have declined with it, as a convenience for our customers we have added this service.
- Buying: We will make you an offer to buy, doing our best to accurately value your item. Not all items are old enough or carry any significant value. Please do some research before you arrive. Anything significant in american history or significant world history we will try to price and buy.
WE DO NOT BUY SPORTS CARDS OR SPORTS MEMORABILIA
For more information on our services or if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.